
So, I've browsing Facebook the past couple hours and probably over half my posts on the news feed are about Tim Tebow. They all deal with how people are loving how Tebow was crying after their recent loss to Alabama in the SEC Championship Game. Really? Lay off of Tim Tebow. I can understand that not everyone loves Tebow or the Gators but to have this kind of reaction to his emotions is kind of sad.
Personally, I'm not really a fan of the Gators but I have tons of respect for Tim Tebow. He is an absolute amazing player, leader, teammate, and person. He is the ideal collegiate athlete and then some. He has put up statistics that no other player in collegiate history has. This year he broke Herschel Walker's SEC record for rushing touchdowns and Tebow is a quarterback. Although he is not the greatest passer, he is still efficient and is able to beat teams with his arm as well as his legs. I feel he is the most versatile player in college football and is one of the toughest players to defend against. If you drop back and play the pass, he will beat you with his feet, and if you load the box to stop the run, he is capable of beating you with his arm. I have witnessed this in person. Two years ago, I saw him play at the University of Kentucky and the Wildcats had absolutely no answer for Tebow. I think he is so valuable to Florida and that they wouldn't be where they are without his presence at QB. He is arguably the greatest player to ever play collegiate football.
Not only is he an amazing player on the field, but he also has his impact off the field. He is a great leader to his teammates and I think is the key to their run as National Champions last season. He made that inspirational speech after the loss to Ole Miss that got his team fired up by saying no player or team would play harder than they would the rest of the season. And they proved that. He also does a lot of mission work in third world countries and has made an impact in many lives, not only at Florida but across the globe. I know he also has made speeches at prisons to inmates who are seeking that inspirational person that they can look up to and can help them make positive changes in their lives.
So, I don't really understand why everyone is so excited to see him crying after the loss. Like I said, you don't have to be his biggest fan or like him, but this kind of behavior is a sign of disrespect. He's an emotional guy and plays the game with passion. It was his last regular season game of his collegiate career. The last time he will step on the field for an SEC title. The last time he had a shot for a national title. Possibly the last time to make a statement for a second Heisman Trophy. I think that Tebow has proven so much to everyone across the country throughout his career and deserves nothing but the utmost respect and should be able to wear his heart on his sleeve and show his emotions. You can bet that the loss has lit another fire under him and they will come out gunning against Cincinnati. So, I wish Tebow the best in his career and hope he can have a successful career in some role in the NFL. If not, I know he will be a great leader in whatever career path he chooses.
I am glad that you stuck behind Tebow and saw the good about this situation. I liked the comment you said he plays with passion. That is exactly why he cried, he had so much in this game I would not see how he could not hold the tears back. Sean wrote on how it was a bad thing that he cried but I think it is perfectly fine that he cried. I hope more people can put the passion into this game. He is a true leader and as much as I am glad he did not win the Heisman a part of me is upset that he didn’t.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing these perspectives about Tim Tebow. I thought he handled himself with class at the Heisman Trophy presentation.
ReplyDelete