Sunday, December 6, 2009

Tiger Woods

Initially, I wasn't going to comment on this topic but over the course of the past week, there has been some developing and interesting aspects of this story. Personally, I was just so confused on the situation and that it was a complete mystery to me. Such as, how could his car be so smashed up and the lacerations he suffered from leaving his driveway? I was confused as to how fast could be possibly going leaving his driveway. And the fact that his wife smashed in the back window to "save" him, when the car was still in tact and she could have easily accessed either the driver or passenger doors.

Anyway, I was at a friends house of the weekend and one of them had a somewhat different view on what had happened. It is as follows. I think it's in just about everyone's minds that Tiger had been caught cheating on his wife and that is what had led to this entire situation. According to my friend's story, he said he heard that Tiger and his wife, Elin, had been in an intense argument that was escalating and could have led to physical altercations, which may have already started given the scratches and slight bleeding on Tiger's face. He said that Tiger knew the situation could possibly escalate and get real ugly, real quick, and decided to get out of the house before that situation occurred. As he was leaving, Elin chased him out of the house with a golf club and proceeded to smash in the back window and other parts of the car. Then, Tiger drove off and purposely wrecked his vehicle to make it look like an accident to hide the truth from the media. My friend also said that there was an imprint of the Nike Swoosh on Tiger's forehead, which could have been the result of Elin chasing him with a club. To me, this explains the part of the story when medics arrived and found Tiger going in and out of consciousness, possibly resulting in a blow to the head with a Nike iron. But no one may ever know what truly happened that night.

Personally, I had not heard about the part of the Nike imprint on his face, but I think it's an interesting aspect that could be true. I also think that the media blew up this story way too much. Yes, it's an intriguing story and is a pretty bizarre story, but I think the media is digging too deep into Tiger's personal life. I think that if Tiger hadn't crashed his vehicle and that it was just a domestic dispute, I'm not sure if this story would have even become an issue. What Tiger does in his personal life is his business and his family's business, not ours. Yes, if he cheated, that's morally wrong and don't agree with his choices in that department. But, I'm sure that many pro athletes are guilty of this as well and no one ever knows. I think since he is such a high profile athlete and one of the biggest role models in the world, that this has become such a big issue. However, I don't feel that this will tarnish him image. I mean it was a personal matter that no one should really have business knowing, and think he is and will be the most dominant player in golf and will continue to win and set records.

1 comment:

  1. I wondered how you felt about this issue now that so much more information has been revealed about Tiger's trysts. I might have agreed initially that if Tiger was involved with one or two women, that needed to be dealt with privately, but when one woman after another kept coming out to say they had been with Tiger, it turned into a scandal beyond everyone's wildest imaginations. I understand why he has already lost endorsements, because Tiger's image relied on projecting this notion that he was a family man. I wonder how he managed to keep all of his indiscretions private for so long!

    ReplyDelete